3 August 2016

2D1N JB Trip


Time flies indeed and we are now close to the last quarter of the year. It is still not too late to achieve your goals that you have planned out during the start of the year and maybe one of it sounds like exploring JB? ;)

Today's post will be all about my short trip across the border to JB just earlier this week, with my boyfriend! Also, I'm a Malaysian (born in Singapore) so it definitely felt good to be home (although my hometown is in Ipoh). Despite only returning to my hometown once a year (twice when I was younger), I always had an emotional connection with Malaysia, is... a feeling beyond words!

I booked this trip wanting to celebrate the end of my 12 weeks internship BUT I extended another 2 weeks so well it shall just be a short getaway to get some breather then! :P I also had a last minute meeting so I went in office for half a day haha. Nonetheless, let's get started! :)

Day 1

My boyfriend and I took 950 from Woodlands and only reached JB at around 4pm. As we were late for check in, we grabbed a cab to KSL (RM10.90) which only took 5-10mins. Alternatively, you can also take a bus to KSL. Our hotel was Holiday Villa Johor Bahru, a four star hotel, which we bought from Agoda at SGD$85. If I'm not wrong, the hotel is only less than 2 years old hence the facilities/rooms/design are still relatively modern and new. As I requested for a non-smoking room, we got randomly upgraded from Superior Room to Deluxe Room (as Superior Room were all in smoking floor) so YAY. The room was spacious and overlooked the Johor skyline from the 22nd floor.




Around evening, we visited the Pasar Malam just next to KSL (Nearest exit: Coffee Bean). It happens on every Monday night so if you're giving KSL a visit, do check the night market out. We left the night market with happy stomachs as we were presented with so many food choices. We ate Asam Laksa, Chendol, Carrot Cake, Potato Wedges and many many many more. Our favorite would be the cake shop which sells amazing cakes. We brought the double cheese cake, it was so fluffly and yummy and it was only like RM10?! Pasar Malam in Malaysia is more cray than SG's so if you love Pasar Malam in SG, surely you'll love the one in JB :)


Subsequently at around 9pm, we paid the new hipster hangout place, Kilang Bateri, a visit. It took about RM15-20 for a 10-15 minute cab ride from Holiday Villa. The place was decorated like a container market, similar to the famous Common Ground in Korea and Artbox in Thailand, just well nearer :) The view was superb from the third floor, overlooking the whole Bateri while being accompanied with a live band. The only con was that there was no alcohol (well of course) so we chilled with ice teh tarik and fries instead.





Day Two


We woke up at 10am and headed down for the complimentary breakfast at the hotel. The food was decent but it was made up with the view :)




Thereafter, we headed to the Infinity Pool for a dip. The view was so sick and my only regret for this trip is not spending enough time in the pool :( We only chilled for less than an hour and had to head back to the room to check out at noon :( Meh.





After that, we went KSL to catch Jason Bourne for about RM30 for 2. KSL also has pretty affordable shopping. For instance, I got my tempered glass replaced at only RM 5. Also, my boyfriend got himself a new specs at only RM120 while a box of Biomedics lenses was at RM100. I couldn't remember the shop name but it is the optical shop opposite the cinema on the highest floor.

Around 5pm, we headed back to City Square. We've previously explored City Square area so there was nothing much in store for us. We unwind at Bev C over their renowned espresso ice cube coffee. We also had a little fun drawing each other on Bev C's drawing pad. Who drew better? Clearly it was me :P







For dinner, we headed to Meldrum Walk for Stingray. It wasn't anything fantastic but it was still nice.


And yeap, that's all for our short getaway! We only spent SGD100 including accommodation for 2D1N :) The itinerary for this trip is inspired from Jemma!

I didn't had any break after my exams (before I start my internship) therefore this break was needed badly! I really thoroughly enjoyed myself. Returning to work was very much dreaded but well JB is just a highway away so the options are always open :)


Thanks Love, for the great trip! ♥


Love,
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. Wow.. u did a lot research for your JB with all the links!
    Hope you had fun!

    Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Include accommodation only $100??? Hotel less than $20 meh

    ReplyDelete