22 September 2016

Museum Dates

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I headed to the Art Science Museum as I wanted to visit the Future World Exhibition. I was attracted to the social posts on my feed and Explore that were all #instaworthy pictures that portrayed the place as one filled with very beautiful light installations. As it is not really a guy kind of thing (for the majority of the guys out there), luckily my boyfriend also found an exhibition that he'll prefer more, which is the Big Bang Data. We booked our tickets online for only $17 ($1 booking fee) for two exhibitions as they had special discounts for students :) Yay to never growing older!


Future World


Indeed, the Future World exhibition lived up to all the images that people took. The placed is fill with many light installations to educate and create awareness on some future issues such as the sinking of islands due to Global Warming. Just a thought though but isn't the usage of such a substantial amount of lights contributing to global warming too... Hmmmm maybe Panasonic, the sponsor, used some sustainable lights which I'm not sure. Anyways, moving on.
























The exhibition also encouraged interaction beyond photography taking. They had a section where visitors could draw and see their drawing appear on the big screens around. I had lots of fun at this section and was feeling cheeky and hence declared that Alien exist :D There's also many other sections but I shall not reveal too much and let the photos do the talking instead :)





And, now we are at the most #instaworthy section of the whole exhibition, the fairy lights like light display!!! It felt like everyone came to the exhibition for this as it was crowded with people camping around to take their perfect photos. Of course, I joined them and took many nice photos too which was only possible as my boyfriend was an amazing photog ♥






The whole exhibition felt like a virtual world and it was an experience that I would recommend :)

Big Bang Data

Big Bang Data was like a documentation of how data had evolved over the years, how people like you and I had been contributing to the Internet of Things. I was taken aback when I walk through the exhibition as it had never occurred to me that such a process that we took it as normal could be recorded and presented. I actually preferred this exhibition more as it was more enriching and thought-provoking. I felt like I was like on a tour in the Internet space which was an interesting perspective as an outsider as all along I was inside and part of this change. They also raised questions such as how data should be used...




My favourite part of the exhibition will be the part on the Universe. I couldn't exactly remember what was it themed but I loved the whole experience. I was first greeted with a few globes that featured the continents in the world. As I walked further in, there was a sky filled with constellations (I believe) and there were bean bags for us to lie down and enjoy the view. It felt so surreal and I just sat on the bean bag and enjoyed the view above me. 




Building up on how the whole exhibition was on data, we were also encouraged to contribute more data to the exhibition which I thought was cute. It also injected a sense of realism on how we had created this whole world of data. We are talking about ONLY one space here. However, if you think about it, human are everywhere and the data that we have produced goes beyond what is shown in this image below.


'We Are Only So Small In A Big Big World'.

Overall, I really enjoyed myself at the ArtScience Museum. It made me felt small but in a good way :)

I love going museums as it brings me so much new perspectives and inspirations on how others view and think. I am someone who learns from experiences and hence I've always fancy museum as it a good place to get them :) 

I've come to the end of my post and I hope I've inspired you guys to start visiting museums! Apart from ArtScience Museum, there are many other museums out there such as Singapore Arts Museum (SAM) for Arts and Lifestyle lovers. In my opinion, I would say this is the best museum to start because it is more relatable to our daily lives. If you like history and culture, you can visit National Museum of Singapore and Peranakan Museum. If museums aren't your cup of tea, you can soak up some art and festival over at Gillman Barracks which have night events such as the annual Art After Dark

On the side note, I am extremely proud of my outfit and you know the secret, is all in courtesy of Taobao. This time, from head to toe, even the lace bra ;) 

Always remember to keep that fire inside you burning! I often visit the museum when I'm in need of some inspiration and I hope you'll find an activity that makes you happy :)

Take care and be happy, until next time!

Love, 
Jasmine

5 comments:

  1. The Travelius was conceived out of our firm faith in enabling the cutting edge voyager with adaptability of decisions and a satisfying feeling of freedom. Our central goal is to develop into an Indian travel organization of worldwide notoriety by making a creative and clever arrangement that makes occasion arranging most minimal cost in Industry and best administrations, with charming knowledge. Our main Motive is to Provide best services with a Less Price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEO is the best process for ranking a webpage on Search Engine. We are the best SEO Service company in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Are you leading a small business and looking for SEO Services?
    We are the SEO Expert. We use natural SEO Strategy to rank your website on the first page and the first position of every Search Engine. Doing Local SEO, Website Analysis and Audit, On Page SEO,
    Off Page SEO, Competitor Analysis, PBN Backlink, Guest Posting, Wiki Backlink, Content Marketing, Create a backlink with long content and Website Speed increasing like as your best SEO consultant Call us Now whatsapp: +(88) 01537587949
    SEO service company in bangladesh
    Free bangla sex video:careful
    good post outsourcing institute in bangladesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful article! I have bookmarked this for future reference.
    backpacker hostel in jaipur

    ReplyDelete