28 November 2016

5D4N in Krabi, Thailand

I visited Krabi in Oct, went with no expectation and returned with a heart so full. I never thought I'll like coastal areas but I DID. It was the rainy season tho so it was quite a bummer as it rained almost every day. But I'm glad that the sun came out on one of the beach hopping days, allowing me to see the beauty of the seas in its truest shimmer and glam. The view was absolutely breathe-taking, I was so awestruck even as I write this.

The whole trip went super well! I met so many new friends that open my horizon and did so many things that went wayyyy beyond my comfort zone! Still quite amazed at how I climbed a cliff without a harness and snorkelled. I even returned back to Singapore, determined to refine my swimming skills.

I stayed at the Slumber Party Hostel, the Ao Nang branch, and it was the best decision ever! The hostel is super lively every night as the name suggests, it is a bar on the first floor. Every night, there were activities such as pub crawl and beer pong match. Yunqing and I LOVE BEER PONG, we even joined the competition as "The Singapore Fling" LOL Sadly, we didn't even make it through, we lost at our first match hahaha but all is good, we played well actually but the opponents were even better! The hostel really caters very well to its visitors, a traveller for traveller environment where activities are planned out for you to choose. Not normal tour activities but instead curated locations by the owner that are off the beaten track. The owner himself was the guide of the trip so I can guarantee you the tour is worth it!!!

I wanted to vlog but I was lazy hahaha. I can't exactly remember what are the places I visited too but I'll try my best :)

Day 1
We reached in the evening so there was nothing much left to do! We stayed in and joined the others instead.
This is the wall behind the hostel counter. Is filled with testimonials and the wifi is "gofuckyourself".
We had welcome bucket before the pub crawl!
Learnt new games too :)
 One of more happening bars at Ao Nang! Overall, the club prawl was meh as nightlife in Krabi is nothing exciting. 

Day Two
I slept at the top bunk!! Always wanted to sleep at the top bunk since young and I was so excited and happy!! Felt like a little kid again :P
 I love thai milk tea!!
Off to our first tour by the hostel! We visited Chicken Island and Ton Sai Beach, snorkelled and did cliff climbing!
 The view after the climb was so worth it! Could been better if it was sunny!!

Lucky us, the stall next to our hostel sells SUPER YUMMY AUTHENTIC THAI FOOD. It was so yummy!!! We went back for like twice or thrice, I can't remember. 

Third Day
On our second beach tour, we went ahead with group tours and the highlight was none other than Maya Bay! It was so so so so so so so so pretty!

 
 

 
 Went snorkelling again and I love Yun Qing's smile here! :)
We also went Phi Phi Island! 
 Also, visited the night market at Krabi Town. Is a very simple night market that is good for leisure stroll as it is not very crowded. It also has more food stalls, good way to fuel up!

Day Four
There's nothing much to do at Krabi hence on day four we just walked around and explore. Nothing much so lets let the photo do the talking.



As it was some Chinese festival, our night in Krabi ended with free fireworks. Like what in the world, my trip was already going so well and the firework is just!!!!!!!
Day 5
Home-bound and Happy 22nd to one of my best and closest friend!

Not a very detailed post but I just want to get it out as I'll be travelling for 3 weeks in Indonesia in Dec. Looking at the photos still make me smile. Will be sharing more next month as I'll be embarking on my first semi-solo trip (as is an exchange programme and my friend will be flying in to join me). Pretty excited and nervous at the same time but I'm glad I'm finally stepping out to do what my heart desires even if is just SEA.

Till the next post!

Love,
Jasmine

2 comments: