7 April 2015

DIY: 21st Birthday Parties (Updated)

2015 is the year where most of my friends and I, are turning 21!

That being said, it is hence the year of Birthday Parties! I LOVE BIRTHDAYS, is an understatement on how much I love it because even if is not mine, I'm also overly excited for the birthday boy or girl! 

I'm extremely honored and humbled to be able to help in the planning and mostly aesthetics and creative for three parties! The sight of my imagination and visualization turning into reality, gives me a great sense of satisfaction :) I especially love doing photo booth because it is the place where most photos are taken and who wouldn't love a pretty backdrop? 

I love doing everything (if I could), with my own pair of crafty or not so crafty hands. I've always been living by the life policy that sincerity is best shown through a personal touch. Hence, I will be sharing some DIY tips for birthday parties and what I've did to minimize cost while ensuring that aesthetics is well taken care of. Much more time and effort will be needed but I promise is going to be worth it!

1. ANGIE'S HAWAIIAN 21ST










1) Photobooth
Everything was designed, printed and cut. The leaves were cut out from dark and light green coloured papers. The props were printed out and pasted on foolscrap paper's board so that it isn't flimsy and good to be held in hand. The balloons were purchased from Mtrade and reasonably priced at only a sum of $21 for ten helium inflated balloons. The only down side will be that self collection is at woodlands and I almost got lost. The grass on the table was created with two bundle of rafia strings. Everything cost only less than $30! :)

2) Cake
I wasn't in-charge of the cake but I do know that it is baked by a lovely lady from Wanderlustcake.

3) Others
To add on the Hawaiian theme, Angie provided  flower leis for all her guests and had grass skirt for photobooth :) Props like these definitely spized up the party! They were all purchased from Taobao.


2. FRANK AND TERENCE'S 21ST












The colour theme for this party was white and blue. I really love how white goes along with any other colours and how good it looks on photos :) This party really tested my ability to react quickly because we were faced with a big graphic wall. I still remember vividly how epic it was when we first stepped into the hotel room and was greeted by a graphic wall. We kept swearing while trying to find a good place to have the photo booth. I even lifted the whole bed sheet up in a stupid attempt to cover the wall HAHAHA (what was I thinking?!) Eventually, we had my friend's mum to bring majong paper down for us to disguise the graphic wall.

1) Photo Booth
The Photo Booth was a simple one. The words were printed, cut and pasted to the flag banners bought off the shelf. Tip: Dafont.com is by far my best friend when it comes to finding beautiful types and I swear by it!!!! The backdrop is easily made with the play of alternating colours of balloons. All the party supplies were all bought from the party shops next to Bugis+.

2) Cake
I ordered the cake only 3 days before the party  hence I didn't had time for customised cakes. The Rainbow Cake was purchased from Prima Deli. They were very flexible with the design and allowed me to remove the chocolate chips, change the colour of the cream and icing at no additional cost. It cost about $130 for the 2kg cake. Reasonably priced and best part it tastes gooddddddd. I've ate this cake before the party hence I knew it would be of a good choice :)

To make up for the plain cake design, I made a few pop up stands. The cake banner and boy figurines were both designed and printed out in paper. I attached satay stick and tooth pick to the back of the paper so that they can be inserted on the cake. Similarly, the candles were all bought from the party supplies shop :)

3) Others
I also made stands for the cupcakes. The logos were printed, cut, and similarly pasted on toothpick. The cupcakes were bought from Twelvecupcakes.

3. KYLIE'S 21ST








I would say this is the prettiest set up I've ever done. So magical, so pretty, def something I would love to have for my own birthday.

1) Photobooth
The theme for the birthday was Classy Beach hence i tried to had a mix of beach (with the shells on the dessert table) and style (with the fairy lights, baby breathes and roses). Sadly, Singapore's beaches are all man-made hence I tao bao-ed the sea shells which were super duper pretty!!! The fairy lights were also tao bao-ed. The glasswares on the other hand were all from Ikea. Ikea sells very cheap vase like the ones holding the roses were only 90cents.

2) Cake
The pretty cake was once again prepared by the lovely lady from Wanderlustcake. The cake fitted the theme perfectly, such a gorgeous centre piece! My dear friend Angie also made cupcakes that surrounded the Cake, which were super delicious and cute!

3) Others
Angie also designed a Message area for friends to leave their wishes for Kylie! Message Jugs are always a good idea as I think is sweeter and more sincere to wish someone in ink.


Half of the year had passed and I've already attended three birthday parties, with more to come in the later part of the year! It's really heartwarming to see everyone gather for this beloved someone on their special day.  I hope this post comes in handy for anyone who are planning for their 21st birthday :) It's a once a lifetime thing and I wish that you will have the time of your life whether or not you chose to hold a celebration. Do hit me up at onethreeonetwo@gmail.com if you need any advice/ideas on how to plan your 21st! I would love to help in anyway :)

Here's wishing everyone a blessed 21st, it's your time to sparkle and be showered with love!

Love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment